- Single-dose regimen does not require additional treatment visits
- A single, 1mL dose in each affected ear treats all dog sizes
- A clear, liquid solution — no gunk or opacity to impair visualization on recheck
- No refrigeration necessary
Store between 20°C-25°C (68°F-77°F), excursions permitted 10°C-30°C (59°F-86°F).
Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Human Warnings: Not for use in humans. Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion by humans, contact a physician immediately. In case of accidental skin contact, wash area thoroughly with water. Avoid contact with eyes. Humans with known hypersensitivity to florfenicol, terbinafine hydrochloride, or mometasone furoate should not handle this product.
Do not administer orally. The use of CLARO® in dogs with perforated tympanic membranes has not been evaluated. The integrity of the tympanic membrane should be confirmed before administering the product. Reevaluate the dog if hearing loss or signs of vestibular dysfunction are observed during treatment. Use of topical otic corticosteroids has been associated with adrenocortical suppression and iatrogenic hyperadrenocorticism in dogs (see ANIMAL SAFETY on label). Use with caution in dogs with impaired hepatic function (see ANIMAL SAFETY on label). The safe use of CLARO® in dogs used for breeding purposes, during pregnancy, or in lactating bitches has not been evaluated.
Shake before use.
CLARO® should be administered by veterinary personnel.
Administer one dose (1 dropperette) per affected ear. The duration of effect should last 30 days.
1. Clean and dry the external ear canal before administering the product.
2. Verify the tympanic membrane is intact prior to administration.
3. Remove single dose dropperette from the package.
4. While holding the dropperette in an upright position, remove the cap from the dropperette.
5. Turn the cap over and push the other end of the cap onto the tip of the dropperette.
6. Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove cap from the dropperette.
7. Screw the applicator nozzle onto the dropperette.
8. Insert the tapered tip of the dropperette into the affected external ear canal and squeeze to instill the entire contents (1 mL) into the affected ear.
9. Gently massage the base of the ear to allow distribution of the solution.
10. Repeat with other ear as prescribed.
Cleaning the ear after dosing may affect product effectiveness.
CLARO® contains 16.6 mg/mL florfenicol, 14.8 mg/mL terbinafine (equivalent to 16.6 mg/mL terbinafine hydrochloride) and 2.2 mg/mL mometasone furoate.
Inactive ingredients include:
purified water, propylene carbonate, propylene glycol, ethyl alcohol, and polyethylene glycol.