Legend, because of its unique purity, can be given intra-articularly or intravenously. I.V. administration provides the following advantages:
- No need to invade the joint with a needle, risking bacterial entrance, physical trauma to joint tissues or intra-articular injection reactions.
- Safety in breeding animals has not been determined.
- Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
- For use only in horses. Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.
- No shaving or surgical preparation of the joint.
- IV administration to treat multiple joints.
- Available in a larger, 20mL Multi Dose vial for Intravenous use only.
- Proven to decrease inflammation and destructive enzymes associated with inflammation.1
- Rapid onset of action. I.V. administration helps ensure a quick onset of action resulting in a rapid decrease in inflammation.
- Legend 2mL, For Intravenous and Intra-Articular use
- Legend 4mL, For Intravenous use only
- Legend Multi 20mL, For Intravenous use only
The intra-articular safety of Legend Multi dose with benzyl alcohol has not been determined.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
It is important to follow your Veterinarian's prescription instructions for your pet
LEGEND Multi Dose (20 mL) and LEGEND 4 mL (40 mg) injected intravenously only. LEGEND 2 mL (20 mg) injected intravenously or intra-articularly in the carpus or fetlock. Treatment may be repeated at weekly intervals for a total of three treatments.
LEGEND Injectable Solution 2 mL: Strict aseptic technique should be observed when administering by intra-articular injection. As with any intra-articular procedure, proper injection site disinfection and animal restraint are important. Excess joint fluid should be aseptically removed prior to injection. Care should be taken to avoid scratching the cartilage surface with the tip of the injection needle. Diffuse swelling lasting 24 to 48 hours may result from movement of the needle while in the joint space.
For intravenous administration, use aseptic technique and inject slowly into the jugular vein.
Horses should be given stall rest after treatment before gradually resuming normal activity.
LEGEND Injectable Solution 2 mL and 4 mL only: Discard any unused portion of the drug and the empty vial after opening.
LEGEND Injectable Solution is supplied in 2 mL (20 mg) and 4 mL (40 mg) vials. Each mL contains 10 mg hyaluronate sodium, 8.5 mg sodium chloride, 0.223 mg sodium phosphate dibasic, and 0.04 mg sodium phosphate monobasic. The pH is adjusted to between 6.5 and 8.0 with sodium hydroxide or hydrochloric acid.
LEGEND Multi Dose Injectable Solution is supplied in 20 mL vials. Each mL contains 10 mg hyaluronate sodium, 8.5 mg sodium chloride, 0.223 mg sodium phosphate dibasic, 0.04 mg sodium phosphate monobasic and 15.63 mg benzyl alcohol as a preservative. The pH is adjusted to between 6.5 and 8.0 with sodium hydroxide or hydrochloric acid