- Marquis 15% w/w ponazuril Antiprotozoal Oral Paste offers proven efficacy against equine protozoal myeloencephalitis EPM
- Ponazuril acts against the parasite at several stages of the lifecycle
- Ponazuril crosses the blood/brain barrier to reach the central nervous system CNS where it kills the parasite.
- Formulated in a low-volume paste that horses readily accept.
- Administered once a day for 28 days.
- Simple, low-dose regimen
- Packaged with four syringe barrels and four reusable plungers with a calibrated dosing ring. Each syringe barrel contains enough ponazuril to treat one 1,200-pound horse for seven days.
Possible Side Effects:
Blisters on the nose and mouth, skin rash or hives for up to 18 days, loose stools throughout the treatment period, mild colic and seizures have been observed in some case of horses treated with Marquis.
keep out of reach of children and pets.
The safe use of this product in horses used for breeding purposes, during pregnancy or in lactating mares, has not been evaluated.
Store at Controlled Room Temperature 15-30° C (59-86° F).
Each gram of paste contains 150 mg of ponazuril (15% w/w). MARQUIS is designed to be delivered as an orally administered paste.
Each syringe barrel of MARQUIS contains enough paste to treat one (1) 1,200 lb (544 kg) horse for seven (7) days, at a dose rate of 5 mg/kg (2.27 mg/lb) body weight or to treat one 1,200 lb (544 kg) horse with a single loading dose of 15 mg/kg (6.81 mg/lb) body weight and for four days subsequently at a rate of 5 mg/kg (2.27 mg/lb) body weight.