- Easy to dose: 96.6% overall acceptability
- Prevents heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis
- Protects against intestinal parasites hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum), roundworm (Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina), whipworm (Trichuris vulpis), adult tapeworm (Taenia pisiformis, Echinococcus multilocularis and Echinococcus granulosus)
- Flavored with real chicken, an option for dogs with beef allergies
Possible Side Effects:
vomiting, diarrhea, depression/lethargy, ataxia, anorexia, convulsions, weakness, and salivation.
Keep away from children. The safety of Interceptor Plus has not been evaluated in dogs used for breeding or in lactating females.
Store at room temperature, between 59° and 77°F (15-25°C).
- Administer one Interceptor Plus chewable once every month.
- Interceptor Plus may be offered by hand or broken into pieces and fed to dogs that normally swallow treats whole.
- Interceptor Plus chewables should be administered in a manner that encourages your dog to chew, rather than to swallow without chewing. Care should be taken to be sure that your dog consumes the complete dose.
- Observe your dog for a few minutes after administration to ensure that no part of the dose is lost or rejected. If it is suspected that any of the dose has been lost, redosing is recommended.
Interceptor Plus should be administered orally, once every month, at the minimum dosage of 0.23 mg/lb (0.5 mg/kg) milbemycin oxime, and 2.28 mg/lb (5 mg/kg) praziquantel. For heartworm prevention, give once monthly for at least 6 months after exposure to mosquitoes