- Chloramphenicol Tablets are recommended for oral treatment of the following conditions in dogs:
- Bacterial pulmonary infections caused by susceptible microorganisms such as: Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes and Brucella bronchiseptica
- Infections of the urinary tract caused by susceptible microorganisms such as: Escherichia coli, Proteus vulgaris, Corynebacterium renale, Streptococcus spp. and hemolytic Staphylococcus.
- Enteritis caused by susceptible microorganisms such as: E. coli, Proteus spp., Salmonella spp., and Pseudomonas spp
- Infections associated with canine distemper caused by susceptible microorganisms such as: B. bronchiseptica, E. coli, P. aeruginosa, Proteus spp., Shigella spp. and Neisseria catarrhalis.
- for use ine Dogs and Cats
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Keep out of reach of children.
Restricted Drug (California) - Use Only as Directed
Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F), with excursions permitted to 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
It is important to follow your Veterinarian's prescription instructions.
Dogs - 25 mg/lb body weight every 6 hours for oral administration.
Chloramphenicol is a broad spectrum antibiotic.