The Drinkwell 360 Steel Pet Fountain was designed by vets to increase dogs' and cats' drive to drink by mirroring a natural water source instead of a stagnant bowl. It holds one gallon of water, making it perfect for multi-pet households, and the stainless steel construction resists bacteria and makes cleanup simple: it's dishwasher safe excluding the pump!
- 1 gallon (128 oz) water capacity water
- Ideal for multiple cats and dogs under 60 pounds
- Patented free-falling stream entices pets to drink more
- Receiving ramp and adjustable flow control reduce splashing
- Interchangeable spout rings provide 1-5 water streams
- Replaceable charcoal filter removes bad tastes and odors
- Submersible pump for nearly silent operation
- Dishwasher safe (excluding pump)
- For indoor use only
Pets, especially cats, can be a little timid with the fountains at first. This is a new object added to their environment, so give your pet enough time to get used to the fountain at their own pace. This time frame will usually only take a few days, and it is very rare that a pet will refuse to use the product entirely. If your pet prefers to drink running water from the faucet or shower, she will probably get used to the fountain very quickly. Here are a few tips to help transition your pet:
- Set up the fountain without plugging it in. This way your pet can get used to drinking from the fountain without the noise and splash of running water.
- Plug in the fountain for short periods of time, until your pets begin to feel comfortable. Try setting it to a lower flow setting.
- Once your pet is somewhat used to the fountain, remove other water sources.
- If your pet still isn’t interested in the fountain, make it more appealing with some flavoring. Remove the filter from the fountain, then add tuna juice or bouillon to the water until your pet is used to the new product. After that, you can clean the fountain, replace the filter, and refill the fountain with regular water.
Cleaning your Waterfountain:
Plastic All plastic fountains and plastic parts are BPA-free, including cords, pumps, and filter housing.